Jamaica has taken a pounding. Cuba and Bermuda appear to be next. I can't imagine the damage.
Has anyone seen any of it?
On another subject, Mercy is freaked out. Having spent the afternoon in her stroller, safely removed from the strangers that entered our home to retrieve and dispose of old Ikea furniture, she does not quite understand her missing loveseat and chair.
There is also a large box containing a roll up bed and mattress that a very kind postal lady pushed through our door after Fed Ex left it at the door. She also handed me the groceries I had ordered. It has been a long time since I encountered such a helpful and kind stranger. The guys responsible for haulage exhibited minimal politeness and efficiency and paid to do so, provided a service. The mail lady revealed kindness beyond the bounds of her job.
So, get a cancer diagnosis, realize someone may have to stay here at some point, the princess is to be boarded for a staycation at the veterinary hospital and there needs to be more than one bed because I do not share...Hence the roll up and an incoming orange metal daybed, sheets and accoutrements that is also to serve as a seating area.
A friend popped over for some chat and lite housekeeping and gathered the last of the Lukas fur from the floor in the front room. I am sad to see it no longer hidden beneath his favorite chair...
Have a good evening...
5 comments:
You're getting very organized now. I'm glad your friend came over. Also that your mail carrier was helpful.
I can understand about the fur and his chair. We have little nose marks on the car window and when it comes time to remove those, I'll be sad too. I love that your friend came over to help you and that the mail lady was so kind.
The kindness of strangers is very heartening, isn't it. Well done on the organizing. All will be well, we are rooting for you.
XO
WWW
You will miss Mercy and she will miss you. The postal lady showed a kindness that we can forget exists. You are on my mind.
How nice it is to read of the mail lady’s kindness. I am sending lots of positive thoughts your way and wishing you only the very best of things. You will be in my thoughts.
Post a Comment