Tuesday, September 30, 2025

Goodbye Sue

 The last communication I had from Sue G, blogging as Elephant's Child, sent me good thoughts regarding an upcoming gynecological surgery that could reveal possible cancer. She had just had cancer surgery herself and that seems to have gone badly, resulting in an "unfixable" perforation. according to recent posts shared by bloggers on her site.

I met Sue over a decade ago and loved the thoughts, photos and art she shared from her home city of Canberra, Australia. An avid reader. gardener, animal lover and blogger, Sue embodied generosity. humor, a sense of adventure and a big heart. Medically retired due to Multiple Sclerosis, she volunteered at Lifeline, a suicide prevention service, and often discussed mental health issues. She also contributed to various charities, including one that gathered feminine hygiene products for those in need.

Sue's personal life included her beloved cats and a male partner described only as "himself" in her blog posts. My heart goes out to them and her friends, family and colleagues. The postcard sent from her years ago remains as a memento of our time shared as bloggers.

Peace Everyone...

7 comments:

Brenda said...

I have been looking for a post from you since it has been a while since hearing from you. Cancer is scary. I became very ill in late 2022 with symptoms that seemed to point to cancer. After tests confirmed a tumor in my colon, I had surgery to remove my right side colon and nearby lymph nodes. The tumor was positive for cancer but the lymph nodes were free. I am on the five year surveillance plan and doing well. It seems the surgery got all the cancer. I did not have to have chemo or radiation. I feel as if I have been given a new lease on life. The scariest part of the whole thing was waiting for the diagnosis.

Boud said...

This is one of many tributes to Sue, who was a special person and clearly a great friend. I'm sorry for your loss, e.

Boud said...

This is one of many tributes to Sue, who was a special person and clearly a great friend. I'm sorry for your loss, e.

Sandra said...

I was going to email you today to check if you are ok. I'm so sorry. I didn't know her but I know I would have liked to. Take care.

DeniseinVA said...

I came over to see how you were doing as was wondering if all was well with you. It was a shock to learn about Sue. Thank you for letting us know. She was a beautiful lady in so many ways.

The Happy Whisk said...

Just so sad 😢

Wisewebwoman said...

I was concerned about you e, as I know you had some health issues going on and I do hope you are OK now? Sue has been an horrific loss in the blog world and to me personally as well. We exchanged daily emails for years and her loss hurts.
Big hug to you
XO
WWW