Today has been dark and very rainy and more is to come. The little girl and I are having an early-to-bed night as she got us up at 4 AM and groceries came about 75 minutes later, then our pet sitter arrived at 9 AM for Mercy's monthly pedicure and preventative medication. Since I had turned in around midnight, four hours of sleep and no nap is simply not enough for me.
Apart from this, some hard conversations regarding desires and final arrangements have occurred among friends that have me re-considering and updating mine. A lifelong friend paid me the compliment of telling me that she felt a tremendous relief to be able to discuss the subject as so many people are put off by it to the point that they brook no serious consideration of it at all.
Moving on, I hope those of you celebrating the fourth enjoy it. The homebodies here plan to stay out of the rain, do some cooking and finish a book. Happy belated Canada Day to our northern neighbors.
Cheers

10 comments:
I can see how your friend appreciated your listening. It's true, a lot of people run away from this kind of convo and thoughtful planning.
I have done some planning but need to add to it. So many just drift - and they shake when I bring it up.
Happy 4th, e, many more.
XO
WWW
Hope you and Mercy have a great day! I have dogs that are terrified of fireworks so my main job today will be comforting them.
Xoxo
Barbara
My sisters and I made final plans several years ago. Dying can be complicated enough without wondering what do for others after. Plan what you want and then all can avoid worrying at the time. Not to mention having the cost taken care of.
Happy 4th!
These moments, though challenging, help us cherish what truly matters. I just shared a blog post you are invited to read thank you
https://www.melodyjacob.com/2025/07/the-boxer-shorts-trend-castle-test.html]
You got groceries at 5:15 a.m.?!
Dave and I have been trying to sort out estate planning for ages and it is not easy, especially for people with assets in two countries governed by two sets of laws.
Yes, delivery time starts at 5 AM. Can you move them?
Not easily.
It's good to talk freely about these things. This, talking about money and even poop.These are important things, not joking either. Yet so many don't.
Yes, it’s a tough subject but has to be done. You are a good friend to have and that shows in the banner you shared today. Applauding here! ππ»ππ»ππ»ππ»
Post a Comment