Sunday, July 20, 2025

Rainy evening and anniversary

 Another hot and rainy day has come to a close. This day in 1998 marked my mother's final sleep before being found deceased the next morning by a friend scheduled to take her for a chemotherapy appointment. She, riddled through by cancer, died peacefully in bed, alone, something I've seen as merciful. She died at 59.

Each year, I do something in her memory though at this point, I'm hard pressed for an idea...

Perhaps a single candle and some photos to stir ideas...

Have a good evening...



6 comments:

Boud said...

That was young, but, as you say, maybe a peaceful way. Maybe you could repeat some observance you've done before? It's nice to remember her, however you do it. She was a beauty.

Wisewebwoman said...

How lovely she was e. And we never recover. My mother was 56, I was 26, my little sister was 13.
Yes, a candle and good memories and the love.
XO
WWW

Rajani Rehana said...

Beautiful blog

Sandra said...

She was beautiful. Candles and a quiet day sound like a way of remembrance.

DeniseinVA said...

A single candle sounds like a lovely tribute. She was a beautiful lady your Mom.

Jean said...

What a lovely lady!