As I learned yet again in the E-R last evening. Accompanied there by a close friend after a night and day of sudden and copious bleeding that included large clots and a lot of mess, I endured probing, prodding and IV fluids. I am not anemic yet but need to find a decent GYN and get a biopsy to determine if I have cancer and need a divorce from parts of my female anatomy. ASAP. I did not see this coming. In the interim, I have medication to stem the tide and a little time to make medical appointments. Communications may be spotty, forgive the pun and thanks for understanding.
Mercy has been distressed at the sudden comings and goings, and I am very tired, so plans include napping and a lot of cuddling as things get sorted.
Update:
I finally got through to the scheduler for a large GYN practice here and set up an appointment for a consultation August 8. The scheduler asked me to see a PA or Nurse but I insisted on an actual doctor. This isn't as soon as I preferred, nor is it the original doctor requested but it is the soonest available and she has access to the hospital I visited on Friday. I'll be making more calls if our coming storms don't interfere, in the next day or so.
Thanks for all of your kind comments, they are appreciated!
Have a great day!
15 comments:
I'm so sorry to hear about this sudden health issue. Let's hope for a good outcome. Meanwhile, yes, rest, take care of you. I'm glad you had a friend with you.
Oh, yikes! Please keep us posted and let us know what happens. I'll be thinking of you and hoping this proves not to be anything too serious.
This is disturbing. If hopeful thoughts help, you for sure have mine.
I am so sorry and worried to read about this e, another blog friend is going through exactly as you describe. I do hop you get the help you need and the fastest diagnosis so you can put all this behind you.
Fingers crossed.
XO
WWW
I’m so sorry you’re going through this. Hope they figure it out soon and that it’s easily treatable.
Xoxo
Barbara
Hope you find your answers soon. Sounds like you have a plan for treatment, etc. That is good.
Oh dear, I am so sorry about what you are going through. Wishing you nothing but the best while sending you a big hug :) xoxo
Thank you. The friend is lovely and is taking me to scheduled appointment in August too. Thanks for your kind thoughts.
The E-R doc and nurse acted as though cancer is a forgone conclusion. I hope not. The bleeding has stopped entirely of its accord and no pain sans medication, but a biopsy is needed so that is the focus of the upcoming GYN appointment. Thanks for your support.
Thank you! Very much appreciated.
Thanks. Fingers crossed here too!
Thank you. xoxo
Thanks for your good hopes!
Thank you, and hugs sent to you, too! xoxo
All the best thoughts for your quick recovery!
Post a Comment