The one hundred degree temperature recorded Sunday marks the highest temperature in Tampa's history, according to meteorologists. I've never seen this in all of my time here, and I've been here off and on for almost fifty years.
I feel for those needing to be outside for any reason and hope that this does not signal the coming of horrible storms for the remainder of hurricane season.
Like the politics here, the heat is also oppressive and, though I lived near the equator from infancy through the end of high school, the average daily temperature never soared to one hundred.
Several of my regular commenters have stated that they are heat sensitive. This can happen during pregnancy, the onset of menopause or because of various health conditions and lack of fitness. Acute conditions such as heat stroke are important to understand as is the need for proper hydration, particularly in hot, humid climates.
For myself, this has meant keeping track of my liquid intake, avoiding caffeine and diuretics such as coffee, and eating lighter meals that do not overheat my small apartment and its single-paned glass. I did notice that Mercy felt a bit more heated than usual after spending time on the sill in the front room. She gets plenty of hydration and additional lickable treats.
Have a great evening and thanks for stopping by.
7 comments:
That's hot even for Florida. I'm glad you're aware of how to manage.
We reached 99 F yesterday. Not fun. Then we had a storm in the evening. Today will once again be a blast furnace and then it's supposed to cool into the 80s!
Wow! Was it the hottest day EVER, or the hottest ever on that particular date? Either way, that's pretty crazy.
I hate the heat and moved here to get away from Ontario summer heat and pollution. And now climate change has followed me and I've had to put an A/C in. Thank goodness for that. I sympathize with your discomfort and I am glad you are coping with it so well. It does take a toll though.
XO
WWW
That 100-degree temperature in Tampa was really intense. It's wild that it is the hottest it has ever been there. It is good you are staying hydrated and keeping cool inside. I hope the rest of hurricane season is much calmer for you.
We had 104 degree temperatures here in Montreal, Canada.
That’s way too high! I hope it cools down for you and Mercy. Here in northern Virginia we have a high of 79 today. We are going to have a couple of days in the 80s and the rest in the 70s this week. It’s been well into the 90s up to now. Staying hydrated is important in this weather. I know two people who have passed out in high heat because of the lack of staying hydrated. You have offered some good advice here, thank you and wishing you cooler temperatures.
Post a Comment