Thanks to those of you leaving kind regards for my cousin. She is home and back to her job. She cannot pick up anything yet but is not in pain. The pathology report is due in about eight days and her courses of treatment are to be decided based on the results. Continued good thoughts on her behalf are appreciated.
As for me, the girl and I are avoiding the lovely 90 plus degree outdoor temperatures for as long as possible. A trip to recycling or the dumpster means a cool cloth or bathing upon return and my tolerance for heat has markedly declined over time. It is hard to believe my childhood spent near the equator, though there, one has breeze and today, the possibility of air conditioning.
As a young child, I recall the large AC unit stuck in the biggest opening near an electrical socket that existed in our apartment and standing in front of it as perspiration evaporated from my face. Formerly Naval quarters, our first apartment, built in the 30's, had great cross ventilation, very unlike the modern marvel I inhabit today.
Summer reading continues a pace as I enjoy a previously read series on audio. Are any of you Donna Leon fans? I can recommend Commisario Brunetti and his sidekicks Vienello and Signorina Elettra most heartily.
As for my kitchen, it is staying cool as I prefer salads, yogurt, fruit and cheeses this time of year.
Any interesting adventures planned?
Enjoy!

3 comments:
I am glad your cousin is home and hope her recuperation is quick and complete.
In those sort of temperatures I live on fruit and salads too.
I hope you and Mercy can stay reasonably comfortable..
Thank you for the health update. And I love Leon! Elettra is my hero, just love her hacking into anywhere! And all her handy contacts. I also like the meals brunetti has at home. Well, I like all the characters. I'm glad Leon has written a lot.
We grew up without air and when I rented my first place, I had no air and didn't notice it until .... a relative stayed for a week or so and wanted air. Then I noticed the difference. It's funny how I didn't know, what I didn't know.
I confess, I bake year-round. I'll do it earlier in the day, is best. But yeah, I can't not bake. That said, I love a simple cold dish too.
Glad your cousin is doing well. Sending good wishes.
Post a Comment