The rainy season is upon us and as nineteen hurricanes are forecast to develop over the coming months, it promises to keep us all on our toes. Today, it simply rained. I got some groceries in and devoted the afternoon to the tenth of a thirty-three book series by Donna Leon. Mercy had her monthly visit for pedicure and prevention meds yesterday and behaved fabulously, not a sound to be heard. Her pet sitter is, aside from me, Mercy's greatest fan and treats her like a princess.
The family tree is also keeping me busy and chores never seem to end, so amid the political and social craziness, I get lost in tasks, music, books, pets and DNA matches. The DNA is often surprising and can send me into a myriad of rabbit holes. My eyes are tired and my hands ache. so a break is in order.
I'm thinking about a dear cousin facing lumpectomy in the afternoon. Cancer treatment to commence post surgery. If any of you can spare some good thoughts for her, please do.
Until Next Time...
6 comments:
You're constantly busy. It's a good policy, self care in a time of chaos. Sorry about the health news, and yes, I'll send good vibes.
Thank you, Boud.
I hope the treatment is gentle and effective. I am glad that the Princess behaved well - and that you have books as respite.
I also send good vibes. I think you should have a good rest with a book.
My sister has dealt with breast cancer for 12 years.
Many good and strong thoughts going to you and yours.
I send good thoughts and healing energies to your cousin. As for your family tree, delving way back we have done it ourselves. You become a good detective discovering new branches you never were aware of. Glad Mercy's trip to get her nails done went well. Happy week to you :)
Post a Comment