Mercy has decreed 3 AM as breakfast time and pokes me ceaselessly unless I arise. Thus, in the last hours, she has eaten, had her litter box cleared and changed, her dishes cleaned and dried, the trash has gone out, the laundry put up, my chair seat cover laundered, the mail checked, the bathroom and kitchen tidied and a small frog or toad chased around the front room until I could trap it and put back outdoors. It must have come in as I left carrying the trash to the dumpster. Can anyone tell me anything to distinguish a small toad from a small frog?
The resident huntress enjoyed the chase but is happily asleep in my bed...
If only I could sleep in her stroller...
Cheers!
Images courtesy of Freepik
7 comments:
Your days start in the middle of the night! By noon you must be ready to sleep a while.
It is 9 AM and I've just cleaned my chair and front casters, and listening to an audio book, I am ready for sleep. The princess has returned to her stroller and nest of blankets.
Mercy has no mercy for you. I have done absolutely nothing so far and it's nearly noon.
It is very hard to convince them that breakfast should wait a while isn't it? I hope you can nap later. With the tiny tyrant.
Oh dear, perhaps a tot of brandy before going to bed for you and a teaspoon for Mercy. And yes I am joking :) I found this for you about toads and frogs as I was curious myself. Happy weekend to you.
https://www.froglife.org/info-advice/frequently-asked-questions/frogs-toads-identification/
Thanks!
3am. Pets are funny. Bug used to get up around then and want to go outside and just sit and think. So she did. Sorry, I don't know the differences in the frogs. Hope you find the answer.
Post a Comment