It is just after 4 AM and rain is slated to start here in about three hours, according to the message on this lap top. I prefer the science-based assertions of my favorite meteorologist but the rain is needed so I live in hope.
The girl and I are fine. She has begun sleeping in bed next to me, an appreciated activity. Body heat is a great thing. Chores are getting done, and I've very sadly completed all fourteen books in the Mrs. Pollifax series. The last book left me keen for more and of course, that cannot be since the author died thirteen years ago from complications of Alzheimer's Disease and the last book in that series appears to have been the final one in a career spanning from the late 1940's to the millennium. The first Pollifax adventure made its debut in 1966.
Audiobooks are becoming a staple and I have recently read and enjoyed The Traveling Cat Chronicles and The Goodbye Cat by Hiro Arikawa and I'm re-reading the entire Brunetti series by Donna Leon via Kindle.
Are you reading?
Nothing beats a good book, a favorite hot drink and a heat-seeking feline friend.
No rain here, so still dry as a bone...
Cheers!
9 comments:
I love Donna Leon. I found her when Hillary said she liked her, and I think I've read all of the brunetti books. I love the food and family side of them, and the kids growing up.
I read all the pollifaxes way back and was also sorry they ended. Have you read the John Thatcher mysteries? He's a banker who gets involved in interesting situations. They were jointly written by Emma Lathen (?), very funny, too.
We got rain last night! Hallelujah!
A book, a cat and a drink of choice sound most excellent. We badly need rain here too.
Thanks for the mention. I'll have a look and see if the library has them. nice to hear about unread-yet series or authors.
Happy for you and that lovely garden!
Thank you. I hope you get some rain.
I’m in the US as I write this - a fascinating first visit in decades. I read the Great Gatsby on the plane journey here.
I'm pleased to read Mercy is sleeping bed with you. I am hooked on audiobooks. I get them through the Libby app. I've read Mrs. Pollifax and really enjoyed them.
That's so nice that Mercy is sleeping beside you. Your Mrs. Pollifax series sounds like something I would enjoy and I have read many of the Donna Leone books but not lately. We had a big thunderstorm pass through our area last night. We woke up to a power cut which lasted several hours. That's the first lengthy power failure we have had in in many years. Have a very enjoyable week. Happy May!
Post a Comment