Mercy and I have been doing chores, taking naps, cooking and purchasing some dreaded hurricane supplies. I've got to go through the first aid kit and batteries and make sure everything is up to date. Our climate has been mild at night and in the early morning and in the eighties during the day. Meals have been good but simple and the girl has been great. She has begun sleeping on the bed for a bit before going to her stroller for the balance of the night. This is nice for me as all of my previous cats loved sleeping in bed and all of us enjoyed snuggling. Mercy also loves to stick her nose in the nearest arm pit and lick gangbusters. This is a bonding and grooming behavior. Lucky me!
I hope your day has been pleasant. Cheers!

10 comments:
I'm familiar with that bonding behavior. Better if you're not too ticklish. Things sound peaceful for now chez Mercy and e.
I thought you might be and though it sometimes tickles, I joyfully endure!
I also know that bonding behaviour. Aren't their little tongues rough though? Mind you I prefer it to the ecstatic kneading of my head.
I am glad Mercy is snuggling with you. Heart warming.
I’m not a ‘lick’ person, but armpit snuggles sound cozy. Glad to know all is well with you both. Love kj
I've never had a cat lick my armpit. I do not think I could tolerate it!
Mercy is such a pretty little girl. She is showing you she loves you. That is a wonderful feeling.
Well, at least you know she's bonding with you!
Cheers to you both!
Happy Easter to you, my dear and Mercy. May your days be as bright and beautiful as the spring blooms, and may all your hopes and dreams be fulfilled this Easter. How efficient of you to think ahead of all the eventualities and making sure everything is organised and up to date. Spring is a very busy time of the year here too when we re-stock our logs for the fire in the winter and doing a lot of maintenances around the house.
All my kitties like to sleep everywhere except their own bed. But Philomena likes to sleep on the sunny spot. Mercy looks adorable and I can picture you and Mercy curled up together in a sun-drenched spot, soaking in all the gentle magic this season brings. Aren't we lucky to share our peaceful and serene days with a purring companion?
Nice that she's getting in cuddle time.
Post a Comment