The boycott of Amazon and other corporations for canceling or cutting back their DEI policies has begun. The boycott of Amazon runs from March 7 through March 14. I'm curious as to the difference it may make, if any. Those of you reading here for more than a bit may realize that Amazon is usually my source for groceries and pet food and litter, largely through Amazon Fresh or the Amazon facility near me. I am re-considering this in light of the DEI issue but, sans transport since I do not drive, Amazon has been a reliable source of good, fresh food and pantry staples since the pandemic. I hope the company and its shareholders get the message from consumers that caving on their DEI policies hurts employees and consumers alike. but frankly, I am a skeptic. I'll be examining alternatives and looking at the household budget. In the meantime, it is tax season.
Happy Friday from Crackerland
8 comments:
I'm not so sure Amazon will be all that concerned. That company is a bully. I buy a lot through there, too. I will not during the boycott and if I can find a viable replacement I will stop altogether. Food for you is a problem.
Have you taken a look at Misfits Market? Just a thought as you research alternatives.
I am also unable to drive because of eye problems. I have been getting grocery deliveries from Walmart and have had good results. I'm not a big fan of Walmart practices, but needs must. I cancelled my Amazon Prime because of the Bezos debacle.
We have for several years. Love it. I limit myself by dollars spent. Barbara from Houston
There are alternatives. Noodling around on the computer can turn up lots of suppliers.
I have only ever bought two items from Amazon so it is not a hardship for me to abstain. But you are in a different position and should not feel badly for continuing to use them if needed. Good luck; I hope you succeed in finding an alternative.
I have mixed feelings about Amazon. I realize there are a lot of downsides, like driving out mom-and-pop businesses and strong-arming their workers, but darn, they are convenient. It's really nice to know if I want a particular book, no matter how obscure, they can get it to me in a day. My usual approach now is to try other sources first but if that doesn't work, Amazon it is.
I have not heard one word about how last week's shopping boycott affected anything. As I drove past stores, there seemed to be no fewer cars than usual in them.
Post a Comment