Friday, February 7, 2025

Etc...

 I contacted the pest control company about the scheduled fumigation/tenting and the gentleman in charge of that for my building advised me to call property management as he believed the date had been changed. I called, voicemail full. I sent an email. He is to leave instructions and bags at my door Monday and pick up a key. Hopefully, all is sorted  by then.

Mercy's arrangements have been made and are easily adjusted as needed, mine have not and are not. The better part of the day involved my check hitting the bank early. I am likely to need it all for boarding and my accommodation. The time out is generally at least 48 hours or a bit longer and the cost is on me.



 A friend has agreed to help prep, pack and drop me off at a hotel.

That's it from Crackerland this evening.

Cheers!

7 comments:

The Happy Whisk said...

I don't know how HOA's work in this case but for all the dues that folks cough up, how come they don't pay for the hotel? Sorry it's all on you to pay for.

MELODY JACOB said...

You’ve got a lot going on, and I’m glad things are starting to fall into place despite the chaos. It’s always tricky when schedules and plans get thrown off, but it’s great that your friend is stepping in to help with the prep and logistics. Hopefully, everything works out smoothly with the fumigation and your stay. Take care of yourself amidst all the running around, and here's hoping for a bit of peace and rest soon! Cheers!

Boud said...

Well, I'm glad you're getting some help with your tasks. But it's a big drain on your budget to have to move out, board Mercy, etc.

Ms. Moon said...

Yeah. That doesn't sound fair to me but what do I know?

Steve Reed said...

Didn't you have to do this just a few years ago? (Maybe more like ten.) I'm surprised you need tenting again already, but then, it IS Florida...

Sandra said...

I don't think it's right to put it all on you, but there you are. It's good to have some help with this ordeal. Now to find you a room.

The Happy Whisk said...

I love that cartoon!!!!!