Monday, February 17, 2025

Almost ready...

  Most of Mercy's things are packed though she still has her house, three tier tunnel and a snake toy out. There are several items to be packed and I had to alter the hotel reservation and check in the night before the tenting occurs due to occupancy and check-in times. This means more rushing, more needed food, less time to double check things. All reservations confirmed. The front room is dotted by Nylofume bags, doubled, and containing all requested household items. This includes foods, vitamins, cleaning supplies and things opened or not in their original containers. Upon departure, I am to unplug electrics, raise blinds, strip beds and any coverings like mattress protectors, leave the air conditioner running and lock up. The fridge must also be emptied. Fun stuff. I am grateful to the dear friend helping me and to Mercy's pet sitter. I hope Mercy can enjoy the Cat Nap Inn.

Crazy times in Crackerland...





6 comments:

Boud said...

What a disruption for you. I'm very glad you've got help with the strenuous moving and packing. I expect Mercy will be pampered no end!

Ms. Moon said...

That is a LOT of work. The refrigerator has to be emptied? The gas can get into a closed refrigerator?

The Happy Whisk said...

Why does the fridge need to be empty? Is it because they went everything unplugged and if you leave food in a fridge it gets all nasty and smelly?

Sandra said...

This is an ordeal. I wish you and Mercy the best, it is a big disruption.

jenny_o said...

That is a PILE of work, e. I am not clear on why tenants must pay for their own accommodations off-site, but I do know hotels are very expensive these days. I hope all goes well and you can relax while you're away, in preparation for the work that will follow when you get home again.

DeniseinVA said...

That's quite a lot of preparation. Hope all goes well with it and that you and Mercy will be back in no time.