Our Thanksgiving was a peaceful one as none of the neighbors were home. I made some seafood accompanied by remoulade sauce, mixed green salad and a melange of steamed vegetables with roasted sweet potatoes. Mercy had a Catit treat and her normal kibble. Catit treats are liquid and come from a tube in varying flavors and are meant to aid in feline hydration. She is partial to the chicken and shrimp flavor.
We had a classical radio station which played without commercial interruption during the afternoon. I took a small roll around the place while Mercy napped and then came back to make a pot of vegetarian chili which I will finish in the next couple of days. Any and all vegetable leftovers went into the pot along with herbs and spices and several long standing cans of vegetables and tomatoes I wanted to use up. I cleared out an older stash of hurricane food from my bedroom closet and can now begin re-arranging the remaining supplies and the closet. I will be working on exercise and weight since making the discovery that jeans I've worn for years can no longer be zipped. I do get work outs playing with Mercy for sustained periods and doing needed housework, but need to focus on making sure my food is clean, particularly with more festivities approaching.
My holiday shopping is done but for cards and most of those will be sent electronically as that saves on trips to the post office and postage as well as tracking costs. I recently sent in the required paperwork for a small pension and put tracking on that since the post office has proven unreliable. I also found my property tax bill in a plastic bag outside my door apparently incorrectly delivered to a neighbor who opened it before leaving it for me to find on the ground. I was happy to find it. In a place where people are often rude to one another online, at least someone did the right thing in returning it to me. I will be calling or emailing with tracking information to be sure pension the paperwork was received and my property tax bill has been paid online.
Apart from this, I've taken advantage of sales to purchase a few books, a chase toy for Mercy and I will be buying some new front casters, sling with rails and apple board for my chair. I'm also considering a foldable scooter if I can find one with good reviews that can be easily repaired should something go wrong with it. I will also be looking for tile, paint, caulk and gently used white shaker upper cabinets, a stove and matching hood and counter top material.
Ambitious, right? The biggest problem is finding someone to do proper work putting that all in. The guy I called to either re-screen or remove the screening from my porch and repair the floor in October never called back and I am tired of waiting.
On that note, I bid you all good night and I hope your week is lovely.
7 comments:
Handiworker notwithstanding, a pretty decent week and holiday. Do you have a local hardware store you could call for the worker referal?
Good for you that you shopping is done! I have not started yet but I love your idea of ordering online .
You had a great thanksgiving menu! Yes, a lot of ambitious plans there. Everyone seems to have trouble getting contractors to show up, and to finish. I hope you find one.
I am glad that you and Mercy had a good Thanksgiving. Good luck on the contractor front. They are difficult to find here too.
You ARE busy and will continue to be so if your plans are carried out. But oh, how nice it would be to have some freshness around you! We all need that now and then.
Lovely you had a great thanksgiving with lovely treats for both of you. You are lining up a lot of work in your home. I hope you are successful!
XO
WWW
It sounds like you had a very nice Thanksgiving. Your meal sounded lovely, I would have been very happy with that. I have never heard of Catit before, sounds like a great addition to Mercy’s meal. Always a great way to make chili, when other veggies can be used up. I like my soups for that and you’ve given me an idea to make chili. I haven’t made it in a while. Ah yes, I have been working on losing weight and it’s a slow process but I’m getting there. I noticed I had put on weight since I sprained my knee earlier this year and had to cut out walking. Sounds like you are further ahead than me in sending cards. I really need to get that sorted out this week. We have been lucky with mail as everything seems to get there or here, but now I’ve probably jinxed myself. I hope everything else goes smoothly for you. A foldable scooter sounds like a good way to get around. We need a lot of things done around here and I am hoping we can make a start in the new year. I am always looking on our local neighborhood app as when people have a good handyman, plumber, etc., there’s usually a lot of recommendations. I’ll start there first. Sorry this is so long but I seem to be doing that a lot lately :) Happy December!
http://anenglishgirlrambles2016.blogspot.com
Post a Comment