Darling Mercy celebrated her second "Gotcha" day on December 1 with a special dinner and a new toy. The toy is re-chargeable, with multi-modes and chirps like crickets as it moves around on its own. Initially anxious about this noisy newcomer, Mercy is now a proud stalking huntress. She also had a pedicure and her flea, tick and heartworm preventative. Unfortunately, the little girl's anxiety caused a righteous odor that both her favorite pet sitter and I identified as coming from her rear glands. This often happens when cats are nervous during veterinary visits, so I was familiar. I opened a window and had some extra washing. I just hope this does not become routine for Mercy. Life is always interesting with cats.
If any of you are familiar with the science writer, Mary Roach, and her quirky range and approach to her subjects, you might appreciate the book I'm reading about the afterlife of cadavers. Fascinating and far more interesting than I anticipated.
I'm still working on plans from the previous post. Happy weekend.

8 comments:
Poor Mercy. And poor you.
I am glad that she is now a proud predator though.
Happy G Day to Mercy! Interesting back story on her name in Steve's blog this morning.
I can just see Mercy stalking and batting and attacking her fancy new toy. I certainly hope for your sake (and hers) that her anxiety stays tamped down.
We have that book in the library, along with many other Roach titles. I've never read her but I've long been tempted. Too much to read!
Kitty had a small toy like that. I never gave it to her, for fear it would wind up inaccessible, under furniture or the fridge.
Happy Gday dear Mercy and how fortunate you both are in your shared domicile!
XO
WWW
I hope Mercy feels more relaxed and enjoys her new toy. We have a dog in our condo building that uses our elevator and he often has a strong oder- must be his glands...
I had never heard that and now I feel more educated about our kitty kind. Dear Mercy, she is lucky to have you to take care of her. Nice to know she got used to her new toy. Sounds a very interesting gadget.
Post a Comment