I have been trying to get finances, medical insurance and other matters resolved and it has been a lot of "hurry up and wait." Mercy. meanwhile, has been a ball of energy, getting me up around 4 AM to eat, play and clean up. By mid morning, I am ready for a nap, as is she. The problem with that is I cannot sleep at that point if I want to get anything done in the world of business or at home. Doing laundry, dealing with recyclables and trash, the mail and any bills require a certain level of alertness. Cooking, meal planning and other activities also necessitate a non-fatigued state, so I have resumed my childhood bedtime of 8 PM and taken the advice of Mel Robbins which is, "If you want eight hours of sleep, spend nine hours in bed." So far, that seems to be working as far as getting to sleep. I generally require 9 to 10 hours optimally and have read that both children and adults with my disability can have problems with sleep which my lovely Mercy's early morning antics don't help.
Otherwise, I'm wanting to have some fun in the kitchen on a budget. Frankly, I'm worried about what's to come in 2025 and in the years beyond. I've attempted to connect with some like-minded folk in a group on social media as yet to no avail. Perhaps I've failed their litmus test. If so, that will be a first for me. Lately, I've enjoyed a genealogical mystery, some Quaker history, and a memoir written by a forensic pathologist. My own genealogy has unearthed two murdered women from different eras. One an ancestor, the other a recent relative. One will have a trial, the other had multiple lynching and a massacre. It will take a bit to process this.
Happy weekend...

7 comments:
I wish you could get the contacts you are looking for on social media. Yes, you need your networks.
And your sleep, with a dawn's early light kitty not helping.
Let us know what you'd like from us, please!
Friendships are more difficult in my eighties than formerly. We are not so agile and resourceful as formerly.
I hope you get your 8 hours. I have always been a very poor sleeper, since childhood. Mercy needs her 8 hours too or maybe she does and it doesn’t coincide with yours :))) We did the genealogy journey for a while and found some very interesting people. It is amazing we can trace our ancestors so far back. Kudos to the record keepers. Wishing you and Mercy a restful and peaceful weekend.
Hugs. And hopes.
Mercy has trained you well! To the point where you schedule your entire life around her schedule. Oh, why not? Cats are the boss of us. Let's face it.
I'm sorry Mercy has developed this habit. They do tend to control their servants. I am also very worried about what is coming.
That's some family history! I don't think anyone in my family was murdered, at least not that I've ever heard from my relatives who have delved into genealogy. Then again, if it DID happen, we probably just wouldn't talk about it.
Post a Comment