Mercy got some early gifts from a Secret Santa and a new patch of kitty real estate from me. Her single cube cat house which she sits on in front of a window for some sun and a good view of the birds, anoles and squirrels, was looking a bit worn and saggy. I got her the same but in two stories and designed for larger cats.
Unfortunately, she appears apprehensive and is refusing treats, even from her dinner bowl. She sniffs and goes inside the house but comes out and seems to prefer her baby toys and things she has had as a kitten. Catnip holds no allure. Neither do the Temptations sent all the way from her Colorado friends, Bruce and Odin and their Cat dad. In fact, I held one out to her in my palm and she licked all of my fingers but left the treat alone. In all my years with cats, I've never had any refuse Temptations.
Time will tell, but she is an anxious girl and for all I've done to give her a comfortable life, this breaks my heart. For now, she has taken refuge in my bed and is chirping in her sleep.
As for me, I completed some needed paperwork for a small pension and have a couple of cards to send out. The new modem and router are working fine and the old equipment is packed for either drop off or shipping. The day was cool, clear and pleasant and I'm hoping for more of the same this week.
Have a good night...
8 comments:
I would guess she is overwhelmed by the sudden appearance of the new hideaway. Can you put her old one back for a time, so she can hide in it and survey her new fort from a distance. I think she will be thrilled to have a second floor once she's taken its measure.
Hi Joanne, thanks for the suggestion. I have done that and will wait to see what happens in the next few days. Have a good week!
She's probably reacting to all the anxiety about the election, too. I expect she needs a bit of time with the new house. I like Joanne's idea a lot.
Joanne beat me too it. I hope she adapts to her new condo. Have you tried her on Greenies? I have never had a cat who could resist them.
She seems a lot like Frieda. She is also apprehensive and alert. She also chirps. You got some good advice. I think given time it will work.
Some cats do not seem to handle change very well. That could be what Mercy has going on. She'll come around.
Cats resist change, at least in my experience and companionship with them. I remember the outrage and fasting when I moved their bowls out of the dogs' area to one only they could reach as the dogs were helping themselves. It took weeks. I like Joanne's idea.
XO
WWW
That’s very interesting. I hope she gets used to it very soon. You are getting great suggestions from friends offering good advice. It sounds like a lovely new hideaway.
Post a Comment