Wednesday, November 20, 2024

Gotcha x 2


 Mercy will celebrate two "gotcha" days soon, the first first being Thanksgiving when as a wee kitten she was found alone in  friends' garage. The second is one week later when as a two pound girl named Mercy, she came to live with me. She will have special treats and a new cat tree when it comes.

In the meantime, the promised rain has been scant and the temperatures have only dropped a couple of degrees. Very underwhelming as I was hoping to enjoy some veggie chili on a cool day. I'm still working on the financial changes to occur after the holiday and reviewing Medicare policies. Will that even continue to exist as we know it? I'm skeptical.

The book I've been reading is stretching on a bit, and no it isn't Dickens, but a modern day genealogy mystery. Have you ever gotten to the middle and simply wished the author would get on with it? Some of the characters are irritating which does not help.

Another irritation is aging technology, including two computers and a modem, all of which need replacement as they are no longer supported. Additionally, I need to purchase some spare parts for this chair before the year is out and prices go up. 

I've done about all the holiday preparation I can except for cards. If anyone would like one, kindly let me know. Your address will not be published.

Cheers...



8 comments:

Boud said...

Happy Double Gotcha, Mercy! I had friends who found their tortie kitten, tiny, alone, literally on their front step. They never found out who left her, or how she'd got there, so they took her permanently. She ruled the house from then on.
You're certainly organized. Good idea to try to repair and replace what you can soon.

Ms. Moon said...

I, too, am worried about Medicare and insurance in general, especially as applies to Obama Care which is the reason some of my children HAVE health insurance.
Mercy has been a blessing to you and you have been a blessing AND a mercy to her.

Elephant's Child said...

A very happy double gotcha day to Mercy. I do hope that your Medicare is safe.

Steve Reed said...

I have aging tech problems too. My laptop is 10 years old and on its last legs.

Who knows what the Trump administration will do to programs like Medicare and Social Security -- it's often considered political suicide to mess with so-called "entitlements," and many of Trump's supporters no doubt rely on them, but I'm sure he figures he's not running again so what does he care?

Did you name Mercy or did she come to you with that name?

Sandra said...

Happy Gotchas, Mercy! You are both lucky in one another. I believe they will destroy Medicare and Social Security by reducing the tax. That will be the working person's tax cut. And yes, he does not expect to run again, unless it's like Russian elections, all for show.

Wisewebwoman said...

Healthcare should be a given. Offered to all, freely. Not a profit making enterprise. It's so discouraging to read the news out of the US and I was slightly alarmed to read of the doubling of Canadian border security in the light of so many Americans that will try and come here illegally to escape the monstrous world he is promising.
Congrats to yourself and Mercy, long may she reign.
XO
WWW

DeniseinVA said...

I missed Mercy's beginnings, and so lucky that she has you to look after her and so glad you have her. I shake my head at all the rumblings of what is to come here.

Haddock said...

I have yet to read genealogy mystery.