Sunday, November 17, 2024

Did you know...

 I love word puzzles and came up with answers to one provided by Boud at the blog Field and Fen. Prine is an English dialectical word for a migratory bird known as the Bar-tailed Godwit. This bird can fly 7000 miles without stopping. More information on this nearly threatened bird can be found at BBC Wildlife here.

Wishing you all a good day and my thanks to Boud for the opportunity to learn something new today, Happy Sunday.


7 comments:

Boud said...

My pleasure!! I learned something too.

Boud said...

You might want to treat yourself to Haggard Hawks Book of Brainteasers. It's a little paperback, mostly word puzzles. I like to do a couple now and then.

Sandra said...

When I thought of prine all I could think of was John Prine!

Elephant's Child said...

Learning is always good isn't it? And a precious privilege.

Joanne Noragon said...

What a lovely way to pass an afternoon.

DeniseinVA said...

That sounds enjoyable. I would enjoy this word puzzle. My favorite word game is scrabble and I love doing jigsaw puzzles but I can’t remember the last time I did a word puzzle. I took note of Boud’s comment on the book she recommended. The seed has been sown! With thanks to you both.
http://anenglishgirlrambles2016.blogspot.com

Steve Reed said...

Ha! I thought the same thing!