I did a lot around the place yesterday, including most of the laundry, recycling and getting trash out, putting things away that I'd stashed in the bathroom, getting groceries in and vacuuming. By afternoon I was tired. so after a cup of tea, I went for a nap, only awakening to Mercy's pleas for kibble about 7:30 PM which is way past her normal supper time.
After feeding her and playing for a bit, both Mercy and I fell asleep with me getting up at 2 AM to the call of nature. I was somewhat disoriented, checking the time and realizing that I'd had no supper myself. I settled on the leftover soup and was soon back to bed until Little Miss sat on my chest and purred loudly enough for me to emerge from a weird dream, fully awake and alert and disturbed by parts of a dream which thankfully are not real and have faded fast. It is unusual for me to recall dreams and even more unusual for them to be so vivid.
Life post-Milton is certainly not yet on an even keel here, though I'm grateful for the cool, clear quiet start to the day.
Wishing you all a good Friday and a happy weekend.
5 comments:
have a good stormless weekend, e!
XO
WWW
It sounds as if equilibrium is returning chez e and Mercy. Aside from the kind of jetlag. I'm not surprised there are dreams, after what you've been through.
Your sleeping and waking hours are certainly non-traditional but they seem to work for you and Mercy!
After two hurricanes it's going to take time to feel grounded. You are both getting rest, which is so important.
I hope the weekend is a peaceful one.
Post a Comment