This is what I made today and as a non-skilled baker and someone who consumes no cane sugar, gluten or artificial sweeteners, I like the texture, taste and minimal skill needed to create a rare treat. The other mixes in this woman-owned and produced business include brownies, chocolate chip cookies and a protein pancake mix, All are gluten-free, and contain no cane sugar, artificial sweeteners or additives. This is the first I've tried and I also enjoyed the blend of spices. As the baker, I had the choice of making either muffins or a single loaf and chose the latter. I like that the pumpkin bread is neither in-your-face sweet nor cloying.As for the remainder of the day, I did a vegetable and tofu stir-fry as my main meal, cleared the trash and some recycling, did a bit more laundry and started a couple of new books. If any of you have any interest in horse-related reading, genealogy mysteries or Quaker research, let me know.
Mercy and I have become champion nappers.
Wishing you all a sweet evening.
6 comments:
I am glad that you are both embracing napping. And your treats sound good.
This sounds like a great baking idea for people who are careful about ingredients. Thanks for posting about it.
That sounds and looks good! A word of caution though- if you avoid cane sugar because of dietary concerns, there is little difference at all between coconut sugar and cane sugar.
I've become a superior napper myself, of late.
Several years ago I was having gastric issues and thought it may be gluten, so I went gluten free for two years. There is a lot of good choices, much more than I thought. Gluten was not the problem, chemical seeping into the well water was. We got a reverse osmosis system and it all cleared up. I do use erythritol as a sweetener because I need to be careful about glucose. Your pumpkin bread sounds good. Glad the two of you are getting some rest.
It all looks lovely and I'm glad you found something that is good for you. I missed the garbage truck this morning because I had a restless night and didn't sleep much. Slept through the noise as they collected up and down the road. I feel a champion nap coming on :) Thank you for another delightful read and I wish you a wonderful day :) I am trying to remember to add my address as I notice with some blogs they don't have a link to get back. I wasn't sure if you were able to do that, so in the hopes that you will be visiting, I thought it might be easier. I have no idea how these things work :)
http://anenglishgirlrambles2016.blogspot.com
Post a Comment