Friday, September 27, 2024

Power restored and a new day...

 The power went out overnight here and has been restored in the last 15 minutes. The whole place was out so sleeping was easy except for the wind and rain. It is hard not knowing when power will be restored and whether the contents of the fridge freezer are still safe to eat. There are four possible systems waiting to develop so this is not the end, merely the peak, of hurricane season which ends November 30. Mercy was a little trooper, stationing herself at the foot of the bed and guarding me.

As for me, I am grateful for all concern and good thoughts and happy that  this was not worse. I have no idea what watery mess awaits beyond my door. That can wait. for now, I'll let people know Mercy and I are okay and get some rest. Thank you to everyone. 

7 comments:

Elephant's Child said...

Thank you. My hopes are still with you.

37paddington said...

Glad you and Mercy are ok. Thank for reporting in.

Boud said...

Thanks for setting our minds at rest. So glad you're both okay, and mercy showed her mettle.

Sandra said...

Thank you for letting us know.

On These Spindrift Pages - A journal of nature, thought, and the reflective life. said...

My dear E, I've heard the news about the hurricane which sounds very alarming indeed. But I'm reassured to know that you and Mercy are both doing OK. Please stay safe and my thoughts and prayers are with you both. ASD xx

Ms. Moon said...

I'm so glad that y'all are okay.

Wisewebwoman said...

Oh great news e, I have two dear friends living in Florida, one was moved to a shelter, the other's home is on a high deck and today she tells me the water washed her deck for the first time. She was terrified. I was mad at her for not moving to a shelter.
We haven't seen so much destruction and uncountable deaths in a long, long time. So soon after the previous one too.
Sweet little Mercy the guard-cat.
XO
WWW