Saturday, September 28, 2024

Happy Saturday

 I am still very tired today, however, I have managed to feed both of us, order some groceries and contact all of those who expressed concern during Hurricane Helene. My thanks to everyone here who did the same. I hope I did an adequate job of checking in and providing videos so those of you who do not live where I do have some idea of the effects. There is the potential for further hurricane development in the coming days though it is too soon to know the intensity or path. The season lasts from June 1 through November 30 with September being the peak.

As a result of Helene, I lost power and most of the meager contents of the refrigerator and freezer which I had been eating down prior to the previous hurricane in early August. I am grateful that my power was restored quickly, that I did not flood and that all I lost was food. Many have lost so much more. I live in a densely populated county with grocery stores and hotels and other amenities. The more rural areas hit by Helene pose challenges for residents that I did not face, especially when what is there is damaged or destroyed. 

The wind and rain were a bit daunting, especially in total darkness. Mercy was a trooper. Happy weekend.




7 comments:

The Happy Whisk said...

Glad to read that power restored quickly.

Sandra said...

I'm glad all you lost was some food, too. This is overwhelming to me.

Boud said...

Thanks for all the updates. I'm so glad you're ok, and can restock food.

Elephant's Child said...

I am very glad to read that you did better than many others. Yay for Mercy the trooper.

Wisewebwoman said...

So very happy for you. The drone videos are particularly devastating.
XO
WWW

Steve Reed said...

Glad you're OK, e. At least food -- especially in smallish quantities -- is easy to replace. I heard from my stepsister yesterday that she and my stepmother didn't even lose power up in Lutz. It's weird how just a couple of miles can make a difference.

Ms. Moon said...

I am so glad that you are safe and all is well. Hurricane season is a bitch.