We both slept in today. After a week of haphazard somnolence, that was a welcome change. The girl has been busy climbing, everywhere. I went to place the laundry in the dryer and soon had a cat on my shoulder attempting to leap into the machine. Unsuccessful, she settled for a brief mosey into the microwave as I was wiping out the inside...I re-did the wipe and she decided to try the refrigerator top as a perch.
Thank you for all of the compliments regarding the school photo. One of you asked about salutations and my friend did say I signed it to her. I did not see the back and don't recall what I wrote. As for the "groovy" dress, I struggle to remember it as well though from the bit I could see, it had some favorite colors in it.
In the present, I did some dusting, wiping and hoovering and have begun a load of laundry and some meal preparation for the week. Mail has gone out and a small box of donation items is rapidly filling.
What did you do?
Happy weekend!
8 comments:
I am so glad you had your well deserved sleep in. Enjoy the rest of your weekend. Both of you.
It's been a weekend for me of doing a lot and then doing very little.
Sounds like a wonderful productive time. I still use the word groovy!
I mowed half of the yard yesterday, the rest will be done today. Mercy is full of energy! You had a good rest and a productive day.
That image of cat getting in everywhere you're working is so familiar! Mercy calls it helping.
It has been a domestic weekend around here too. I laughed at the image of the kitten investigating the microwave!
Mercy's energy's quite catchy! It gives the owner ideas about what to do or not in the house.
Cats and curiosity really do go hand-in-hand! And I love how they're somehow able to squish themselves into any enclosed space and make it look as comfortable as can be.
Post a Comment