It was 90 today with 93 percent humidity. The thick blanket of humidity, a parting gift of Debby, reminded me of my youth near the equator, though we had breezes and by my generation, air conditioning.
The humble abode has been looking a bit the worse for wear. I finally got around to cleaning the bathroom and while I was at it, applied rust remover to the bench in my shower in an effort to clean it up. A finger was injured in the process, so out came antibac soap, Neosporin and bandages. After a shower and clean pajamas, all is well. Trash will go out, laundry will be done and it will once again be tidy. The hand vac and Swiffer have both gotten a workout.
Road closures due to standing or rising waters have become common among my texts. I'm grateful to be dry and undamaged. As Mercy has strayed happily into the arms of Morpheus, so too will I, hopefully. I feel as though it has been days without a deep sleep.
Wishing you all a sweet night...
7 comments:
Sleep well. Both of you.
I'm wishing you plenty of rest. Stormy weather is do disturbing in many ways.
I just checked to see if Debbie was tracked to here and so far so good she's avoiding the island.
I'm glad you escaped the worst of it, alarming how often these deadly storms are having, I'm hoping that the cost of billions and billions will finally grab the attention of those who can so something about it. $$$$ always does.
XO
WWW
How sweet it must feel to have everything back in order again.
Hopeful you slept well and long. Also so glad you and Mercy are safe.
Hope tonight that you get a night of good sleep.
Sorry to read about your injury and flooding roads. I hope you got a good nights sleep.
When I read your line about pajamas I decided to say hi, comment and head to the bedroom for pajamas. I love pajamas!!!
Post a Comment