Mercy and I have been busy. She is so tired she's passed out in her stroller, still sleeps like she did as a tiny girl. I, on the other hand have been sleeping sporadically and it is beginning to show. My bedroom looks like a tip. I do keep the bathroom and kitchen clean and cleared but the front room and sleeping quarters resemble a garage--full of boxes and other things. Who keeps extra wheelchair tires in their sitting room??
Aside from a good sort out and some re-organization there, I plan on going through books, clothing, kitchen stuff and drawers in the rest of this flat. Part of my frustration is finding places to donate to once I'm done and getting the stuff removed without Tom, Dick or Harry traipsing through my place.
On a happier note, the bills are paid, the laundry is done, the cat is content and we've plenty to eat since the groceries are in. I got the trash out and some of the recycling as well.
Because my birthday was a bust due to the recent hurricane, I treated myself to an end-of-month cream tea today and enjoyed it. The clotted cream was from Devonshire, the juice-only jam from France and the scones from a bakery. While that might not pass muster in the UK, it was all delicious and went down well with my tea and Wedgwood, an inheritance from my maternal grandmother.
Somewhere, I hear her laughing...
Cheers!
4 comments:
Your cream tea sounds excellent. I do hope that you start to sleep better.
Your tea service certainly beats mine. I'm glad you did a cream tea, you certainly earned it.
I am constantly dreaming that I have so much mess to take care of. One would think it would inspire me to start cleaning things out. One would think...
So good for you!
This sounds fabulous to me! I hope you can follow Mercy's example and get some sleep.
Post a Comment