Wednesday, July 10, 2024

One out of three showed up today...

The wheelchair technician called and came by briefly to attach the last bit to my chair. I did not see him, preferring to leave my ultralite on the screened porch. I knew he was here because Mercy began to growl and hid herself. She has a keen of hearing. The same thing happened when an Amazon lady rang the bell later. She is uncomfortable with any strange noises since the fireworks of the fourth. Poor little girl.

The others have been a no-show thus far, so the bathroom ceiling though much improved. remains to be painted. Perhaps they were afraid I'd find more for them to do besides the painting.

Looks like an early night for me. I was up before the birds.

Cheers...


7 comments:

Boud said...

Bit by bit! At least the all important chair issues are being addressed. Poor little Mercy, I hope she recovers from the Fourth.

Elephant's Child said...

I hope that you and Mercy enjoy a peaceful night. Our boys growl at visitors too - and scuttle away. Once we were asked if our dog was dangerous by a tradesman who heard the growl as he was coming towards the front door.

gluten Free A_Z Blog said...

It sounds like your cat describes the definition of a "Fraidy Cat" . Hope she starts to feel more comfortable with the noises and I hope your ceiling guys show up to finish the job.

Ms. Moon said...

I have one cat that greets visitors and asks for a nice scritch, while the other runs and hides. They're as different as people, aren't they?

Sandra said...

The way things had been going one out of three seems like a win. Poor Miss Mercy.

Toni said...

Your contractor/handymen sound like the ones in our part of the world.

We've had one turn off our water, rip out our only toilet and said they would be back the next morning. Three days later they showed up bragging about their great fishing trip.

Another time a contractor demo'd the front entry and coat closet. Enclosed the area to extend the living room, then took off on a hunting trip, leaving us to enter the house through our dining room window. We eventually replaced window with french doors so maybe the contractor thought we should practice entering home through that portion.

Glad the wheel chair was taken care of.

DUTA said...

Dependence on others, especially on service people, is never a light matter. Somehow, we seem to adjust to reality and keep going on.