Wednesday, June 26, 2024

UPDATE

 The axels were in a smaller box which contained caster wheels. I got them in fine but when I put the first new wheel on, it stuck, as in nothing is moving that sucker. I gamely began cleaning my chair then decided to take sagging sling (seat which holds the cushion and upon which one sits) off since I had a new one to put on. I used a metal hand held hex set that resembles a pocket knife when closed.  The first side of four screws came loose without a hitch though it took a bit of time. With the second side, I was not so fortunate. There are two screws which will not come loose for love or money. At this point, I was hopping mad and bursting for a pee, so I threw the cushion over the half off seat and made my way to the bathroom.

Business concluded, I got out the hospital chair my friend brought over, threw my cushion in it and unpacked a DeWalt T hex kit, thinking that it might be easier on my hands and get the job done.

Not so far..

However, since I can still get around, I plan to eat, feed Mercy and worry about this tomorrow.

Have a good evening...

3 comments:

Boud said...

You are endlessly resourceful. I'm glad you have a backup chair for when you're working on the main one. Wondering if wd40 might help.

Ms. Moon said...

How incredibly frustrating!

Sandra said...

One frustration after another. Hopefully things will work out today.