The AC technician showed up close to 10 PM, vacuumed up the water in the closet, unclogged the AC drain line and asked for $302 and change, part of which entitled me to membership for maintenance, discounts on additional services and other related items. I can cancel anytime as there is no contract.
While the unit is running well at the moment, I am concerned about the float switch and why it did not shut the unit off as it is intended to do prior to leaving several inches of water in my heater pan below the air handler and on the floor. I am going to research this further. I had to shut the unit off manually.
Still no word from my wheelchair vendor about when I should expect a visit to change the tires on my solid rims and service this chair. My foot plate cover has cracked in the meantime, so I've ordered spares which are more like conventional bike tires. My current tires are so worn that my wheel locks don't work, so effectively I have no brakes until the tires are changed and the wheel locks are tightened.
My DME guy in Oregon seems to know more about parts than the new parts guy at my vendor company...
Always an adventure...
Cheers and meow!
5 comments:
Well, at least you're cool now. But I echo your questions about the unit.
And the ongoing chair saga, it's endless! I hope you can get some resolution soon.
Glad that your AC is working and hope (so much) that the wheelchair debacle can be sorted soon.
That's a lot of money for your AC repair but it could have been worse. I'm so glad you've got it back.
By the time you get all these wheelchair new parts, you'll practically have a whole new wheelchair. Well. Not really.
I know about the AC pouring water into the house. I finally switched out our bedroom AC this past week, after multiple floods through the years. I still havent picked up the towel that lives under it, PTSD, though this new unit seems to be working seamlessly. Having a maintenance person on call might not be a bad deal.
Well, I'm glad you're at least comfortable now. Being without A/C at this time of year must have been hell!
Post a Comment