Saturday, June 15, 2024

And...

 As an update to the on-going wheelchair saga, yesterday just after 8 AM, the parts guy from my vendor called to tell me that when he got the price on the original tube inflatable wheels that normally come on my chair, which I asked to purchase as spares, he would let me know. I called the billing department lady with whom I had spoken previously and she said he had not ordered those, he ordered the upgrades that I have been using since 2018 or so. Those rims are solid, without inner tubes and apparently harder to change which is why the guy at the bike shop complained to me about them.

My request led to an admission by the billing lady that the parts guy is new and still learning the job. He called again after she changed the order and said that someone would be out to evaluate my chair and see what I need at no cost to me and that the ordered parts would be brought out once the chair is looked at. Translated: The parts guy is nervous about ordering the wrong parts. which means I have zero confidence that this situation will be handled correctly since he now needs another guy to tell him what I need...This is after 30 calls in three days between this company and me.

What an effing mess!


5 comments:

Boud said...

This is too bad. Things are hard enough without this kind of ineptitude. I'm glad you're on top of it, but I hate the time and energy it's costing you.

Sandra said...

There was a time when the company would have an experienced person working with the new hire until they felt he was competent. It is an effing mess.

Elephant's Child said...

Hiss and spit. I am so sorry you have to go through this mess.

DUTA said...

The whole process you went through sounds rather problematic. Things should be easier for seniors in need for support of their existentialities.

Wisewebwoman said...

this is outrageous e, all your time consumed on calls to idiots for such an essential element of your life.
You must be raging. As I am for you.
XO
WWW