Thursday, June 27, 2024

A tale of three screws

 And I fear I may be one...

With nary a word from my wheelchair vendor, no technician in sight and two non-budging small hex screws, I've ordered a rechargeable screw driver set with various heads that I hope will help without stripping either the screw or the threads in the openings of the metal stays needed to attach the new sling or seat.

The second screw is on the edge of the foot plate and I cannot place the new foot plate cover and fasten it to the chair frame without getting that little sucker out first. A third screw came out last evening after some coaxing and moderate swearing. WD 40 applied.

Mercy has given up on the growing mess in our front room and is happily dreaming. 

I wish I could do the same.

Have a good day! 


5 comments:

Sandra said...

I am sorry. This is definitely not right.

Elephant's Child said...

This has gone on for you for far too long. I really, really hope it can be sorted. Soon.

Boud said...

I'm getting to the end of my tether, and I'm not even there.

Ms. Moon said...

You are making me understand some things I've never thought about.

DUTA said...

Screws and screwdrivers, are the story of my life. It's hard to depend on others.