Sunday, January 28, 2024

MIA

 After stating he would come by last week to see to my bathroom ceiling. my contractor was a no show and he also did not call. He is the second person in as many weeks to do this.

Additionally, a whiney person contacted me complaining that she had heard nothing from me regarding some photos and gifts sent. When I asked whether she received a written thank you from me, she said no. This prompted me to ask others to whom I had written the same quesrion. Mind you. these cards were all mailed the same day. January 7. from the same post office location and were sent locally, to addresses within Florida, Alabama, New Mexico, New Jersey. and Nevada. As of today. none of the cards has made it to the intended recipient. includibg one who lives in my same postal or zip code.

This suggests a problem either at the mailbox, which was outside, or wirhin the post office. After three hours of calls to various post office numbers and slogging through convoluted phone trees, hang ups or unanswered phones, and an attempt to make an online report regarding the missing mail which failed because I lacked a tracking number. I gave up.

Relating this to a cousin was met with, "Here. we have to go inside to mail anything because the outside boxes were broken into so the post office got rid of them."

Mail theft is a thing...

Who knew?












'

6 comments:

Elephant's Child said...

Big sigh. On both counts.

Boud said...

That's disappointing, after you went to the trouble of writing. I have a bad feeling a lot of local mail is going to be found dumped o the roadside..

Sandra said...

Wow. I'm sorry you wasted so much time getting no answers. Except from your cousin. I don't know why contractors are unreliable. I suppose because they can be. I dislike rude, a text only takes a few seconds.

DUTA said...

My nearest Post Ofice agency has closed down. So sending and receiving mail is an usuccessful project. Service in all vital fields of daily life has greatly deteriorated.

Joanne Noragon said...

This is a sad story. I know of no solution.

Wisewebwoman said...

I believe they're looking for cashable items in the mail. But really sad it has come to this. All your work and thoughtfulness wasted.And I hear you on the endless loops and bypasses and TIME when lodging a concern or a complaint.
XO
WWW