Tuesday, January 30, 2024

Guess who showed up?

 It was not the postal person, but my contractor ! He looked at the bathroom ceiling and the fan and his estimate was as I had anticipated, under my deductible. He took photos and documented everything and will provide two copies of the bill to myself and the upstairs neighbor. Neither of us believes she will pay anything toward this. However. there is no need to replace the fan motor as he cleaned it and got it working in short order. It will be a couple of weeks until he can return, but he now knows what needs to be done as far as repairing and painting, a step in the right direction. 

How was your day??



7 comments:

Elephant's Child said...

That is very good news - and I hope he will be back sooner rather than later.

Boud said...

So glad he came back. And saved you the cost of a fan motor. Let's hope the job continues well.

Joanne Noragon said...

A good day. All good wishes!

Ms. Moon said...

This is ridiculous. Your upstairs neighbor should pay.

37paddington said...

A good contractor is one of life's great blessings, I always say. That must be a relief, to know the fix is on the way.

Sandra said...

I'm so glad he finally showed up! Your upstairs neighbor is not a decent person, but I'm sure you know that by now. At least you don't need to replace the fan.

Wisewebwoman said...

Very, very happy for you. I do hope she pays up though.
XO
WWW