Someone asked how a toilet could overflow with no-one at home. If the toilet kept running\after being flushed, it is entirely possible and even likely to overflow and flood a residence. Had I not been home to put out buckets and empty five buckets of water coming through the fan in the batheoom ceiling, my entire apartment could have ended up water damaged. Years ago. I had water damage from the same unit long before the current resident moved in.
All I can do is hope the current lady gets her toilet fixed. As for the fan. it dates from 1974 when the building was constructed and had quit working just last month, so I will get that replaced at some point.
Turning off the water did nothing to lessen the pace or extent of the water coming through the ceiling fan which was how the contractor knew it was not due to a burst pipe but to the toilet in the above apartment.
3 comments:
Leaks that have to do with problems at the neighbor's flat - are the worst! Hopfully, it all gets soon resolved.
Thanks for the clarification. What an ordeal.
Good lord. I am lucky I live on the second floor of a two story building and that's one worry removed. I never thought toilets overflowed unless they were blocked. Good to know but quite awful for you. I hope insurance covers it.
XO
WWW
Post a Comment