Horse by Geraldine Brooks
The Book of Lost Friends by Lisa Wingate
Before We Were Yours by Lisa Wingate
The Other Family Doctor by Karen Fine, DVM
Goodbye Friend by Gary Kowalski
All were available from the public library, either online via Kindle or in other formats, including audiobooks. I own the last two on Kindle. I also enjoyed the Canadian Joanne Kilbourne series recommended by blogger Wisewebwoman. This is a long series and my library system did not have all of them so I purchased a few on Kindle.
I'm currently reading:
Underground Railroad by Colson Whitehead and Wandering Through Life: A Memoir by Donna Leon. Her Commissario Brunetti series is a favorite.
What about you?

4 comments:
I think one of the best books I read this year was "Demon Copperhead" by Barbara Kingsolver.
I love Colson Whitehead and am looking forward to reading his newest- "Crook Manifesto," a sequel to "Harlem Shuffle" which I loved so much I read it twice.
I couldn't continue with Horse, too heartbreaking. I think I've read the Leon, she's an interesting person.
The Colson I read a while back, and it's vanished!
I think the best read was the latest published collection of Kate Atkinson short stories, all published in journals and mags, but all new to me.
I continue to read Alison Weir, with a lot of respect for her research, currently the biography of Mary Boleyn.
Not books I have read. Thank you.
It is still early here. I will give this question some thought and get back to you.
I have read the first three, Horse was recommended by you. I just finished The Berry Pickers by Amanda Peters. I liked it. I also liked Demon Copperhead.
Post a Comment