Mercy has a bit of a drfiant streak. She discovered the cords to the blinds and that if she climbed on the chair she could bat them around with abandon. When I intervened, distracting her with other toys or saying no, she went straight back to them. I've put her in the bathroom for a bit alone/ I'll see if she gets the messege. When acting as a Mama would. distraction is key as is walking away and withdrawing attention. I unfortunately had to tape the cords to the wall and that seema to have done the trick for the moment.
She is easily spooked by outside noises such as the landscaper's lawn mowers.
She ate an early breakfast and was calm in her carrier as I dumped the trash and did other chores. After a snack of kibble and water, Little Miss is resting. Tough morning for an itty bitty kitty.
After an early dinner and getting groceries in, Mercy is playing football in the front room while I am watching Finding Your Roots. It is in the fifties here now and expected to drop.

5 comments:
They can be determined little critters. I hope the taped cords make her lose interest.
She's still a baby! Short, to vanishing point, attention span.
Ah, kittens! people used to tell me Frieda would grow out of it. That did not help me at the time. And, yes, she did grow out of it. Mostly. So I won't say that. :)
Such an innocent face.
Cats love blinds. And wires. Hope she stays away. She does look sweet.
Post a Comment