Wednesday, October 18, 2023

Ouch!

 Just over a week ago I had a grocery delivery that went slightly awry when an unreinforced paper bag ripped as it was being picked up and several two liter water bottles fell on my foot which stupidly, was bare.


There was no broken skin or obvious bruising initially but on Sunday I awoke to a swollen, very warm foot. Since then I've been keeping it iced and elevated and taking an anti inflammatory. The great toe is now visibly bruised and from what I read, this can take several weeks to heal.  I have spent large portions of the day in bed and reading or sleeping.


I have ordered some tape and will strap if necessary though the toe does not appear broken.


Be well and thanks to those of you who have emailed wondering about my absence.

7 comments:

Sandra said...

Ouch! I've had a horse step on my foot a time or 20. I know how much this can hurt. Elevating, icing and an NSAID should do the trick. It's good to hear from you, even if the circumstance is not so good.

Elephant's Child said...

I am sorry to read this - and hope your poor sore foot recovers quickly.

Boud said...

Sorry about the foot. That must hurt, anything about toes does. It sounds as if you're familiar with all the home remedies. Let's hope it's not too long.

The Happy Whisk said...

Sorry you got hurt and here's to a speedy recovery.

Wisewebwoman said...

Oh lawdie e, so sorry to read about this mishap and its lingering aftereffects. Light and love and may you return to normal soon.
XO
WWW

Ms. Moon said...

Things that fall on the tops of our feet hurt so much. Such a sensitive area.
Just watch to make sure that your foot does not develop redness that appears to spread upwards. That could be a sign of cellulitis which can be very dangerous.

Jenny Woolf said...

I'm reading this a couple of weeks later and hope that you are well on the mend now, or even fully recovered.