My low back is less bothersome today. I irritated it moving the bed. After sleeping in, I had breakfast at lunchtime and commenced cleaning the kitchen, beginning with sorting out and wiping down the inside of the refrigerator, a task I do about every ten days or so. Being on this schedule means there is little build up of muck and also little to no food waste as I tend to eat whatever is open or leftover in there first before cooking or buying anything else.
This cleaning netted me one bottle of ear drops for Lukas and a half box of baking soda which I transferred to a bowl to absorb odors. Using hydrogen peroxide, I had the shelves, drawer and all the crannies shining and free of debris. Everything was re-organized, and I was able to wash out a pot and some other containers before cleaning the sink, counter and cabinet fronts. This took a bit, and by the time I was ready for a break, I did not feel like cooking and decided to fashion a cold plate featuring beets, olives, chopped cucumber and sliced Roma tomatoes with a few carrots and some Tzatziki and crackers. I have enough for tomorrow as well, along with the chicken noodle and vegetable soup made the other day.
Has anyone heard the latest on hurricane Hilary or Maui?
There seem to be five or six weather systems developing...Yikes!
My latest books have all been rather escapist detective fiction courtesy of Kathy Trochek aka Mary Kay Andrews. The series, penned largely in the early to mid nineties features a dogged ex-cop turned private eye and cleaning lady, and a motley crew of her family and employees based in Atlanta. I also started a wonderful non-fiction book entitled, The Other Family Doctor by Karen Fine. DVM. She delves into the human-animal bond, including grief and euthanasia. I had to put the book down today as the tears flowed yet again.

6 comments:
I am glad your back is at least a little better.
Your meal looks good.
I read some of Kathy Trochek's books years ago. If I still have them (probable) I might reread them. And yes, grief and euthanasia would be hard to read at the moment. I have been thinking of Jazz a lot lately...
You are certainly industrious. My new fridge is still clean, I'm glad to say!
Yes, I can see you're not up for parts of that vet book right now. It can wait.
I'm glad your strained back is doing better. It must be stressful doing that heavy work you did, from your chair.
Sometimes escapist detective books are exactly what we need.
Be careful of that back!
You have a very good routine with the refrigerator. I think I need to adapt it, that space does get away from me. I agree with the others, it's too soon for that book. Moving your bed was a feat. It's good your back is feeling better, back pain is a real pain.
Your cold plate looks lovely!
You seem to be well organized about your fridge. I wish and hope I could follow your example.
I made a not of Kathy Trochek. You might enjoy a series by Gail Bowen along similar lines.
It's so effing hard when we lose a pet. I still grieve my Ansa. So unexpectedly at times.
I do hope your back is better.
XO
WWW
Post a Comment