Friday, August 18, 2023

New Normal...

 I haven't been myself but yesterday, a wild hair compelled me to make a start on cleaning and chores. These included three loads of laundry, hand vacuuming beneath my bed, moving the bed so that I could accomplish this and then shifting it back into original position and getting up whatever else was lurking under there.

Since Lukas rarely went under the bed I was shocked at the fur balls and midway through became teary and bleary. I won't tell you how long it takes a woman in a wheelchair to move a full size bed. Apart from fur, there was a holiday letter, a card from a friend and various bits of trash which I do not ever remember as being on the floor.

Once that and the laundry was done, I made the bed up, rooted through the pantry for the makings of chicken soup, washed the dishes, made a grocery list and ordered, put the laundry away, unpacked a large box of supplies from Amazon, and put the food away when it came. Trash was taken out, along with the paper and cardboard recyclables. Our trash situation hasn't improved as much as it should have. People don't seal their trash bags, littering around the dumpster and some idiot left a "free" cabinet out for the taking which has sat outdoors in the rain for two days and it will cost money to have that hauled away. Our monthly maintenance has risen 35 percent in the last year for a variety of reasons, and hauling costs eat into that.

I had planned to clean and mop the bathroom and kitchen and mop the rest of the abode. however. I found myself in a bit of pain today so decided to leave that for the weekend. I'll get to blogs as I am able.

Wishing you all a good weekend.



7 comments:

Boud said...

You did heroically, a lot accomplished. Sorry about the pain.I'm guessing the exertion contributed. Anyway, maybe a bit of reading and loafing is called for. It's so hard when you get reminders of your friend in everyday chores.

Wisewebwoman said...

I do hope your reward yourself by giving yourself a relaxing day. That sounded far too strenuous. Moving a bed? Good lord woman. I don't know how you manage it but you are so inspiring.
XO
WWW

Elephant's Child said...

Hugs.
I am all too familiar with those teary moments.
You sound to have done an exceptional amount so far today. A rest is more than deserved.

Boud said...

Elsewhere you asked how to check blogger spam. When you're on the comments page, you'll see an arrow head above comments, middle of the screen. That takes you to spam. Where nowadays you'll find entries back to 2010, if mine's anything to go by. Including your own comments, even!

DUTA said...

You've done a lot! Kudos to you!
Now it's time to rest and relax. "Tomorrow is another Day".

Ms. Moon said...

Well! You really put in a day! You should be proud of yourself. Now rest up a little before you tackle the rest.

Sandra said...

Wow, that was one wild hair! I am not in a wheel chair and don't try to move my bed. Those unexpected reminders can blindside you. Have a rest day.