Monday, June 5, 2023

No infection and more pee, oh me!

 Lukas went off to the vet this morning with a friend. His pet sitter has taken her two littles on an adventure out of town. He does not have a UTI. He was fine over the weekend confined to the bedroom. Today, however, just minutes after I opened the carrier, he did a bumpy sweep along the walls of the front room, and promptly peed in the entryway just shy of the kitchen threshold. When he did manage to find the bedroom, he drank some water and eventually made his way to his bed box, meowing until he settled.

As much as I understand this is difficult, I am so deeply frustrated at having to wield a mop and cleaning spray and having to figure out what to do. He used his litter box in the wee hours so I have been up since 4 AM and find myself in need of respite. Some lunch might be a good idea too.

I hope you all are having a good day!

3 comments:

Sandra said...

I am sorry for you and Lukas. I had a greyhound with inflammatory bowel disease, but I didn't have blindness to deal with as you do. You must be physically and mentally worn. Have lunch. Nap if you can.

Elephant's Child said...

Poor Lukas. Poor you.
I hope you have a restful and pee free day.

Boud said...

You're really in full on caregiver mode. It's a lot of work, but Lukas is a dear friend, and I expect he doesn't like his situation either.