Saturday, June 3, 2023

Midweek and beyond

 I had a tummy bug, so never got out of my night dress. Spending the day in one's pajamas is great for tasks such as cleaning, clearing and mopping. all of which I've been doing since Lukas has been once again peeing around our house. His vet took two and a half days to call me so the staff only took the requested urine sample Friday morning and as of today, the lab results are still pending. Lukas and a box bed and rug have been relocated to the bedroom and as of now, no further accidents have occurred, though he is not happy without the run of the place. I do love on him and talk to him but I've also had to clear out two desks, my clothes closet, the bottom of the hall closet and my bookshelves. The bathroom and kitchen are next as are photos and old clip books which I will likely discard.

My main photo book was a mess, with photos and keepsakes and all manner of crap jammed in. Duplicates, blurry pictures and those of people I don't recognize and a lot of old photos from my college days have been discarded. Old cans of paint were taken to the dump today courtesy of a friend and the same friend then left me some sunflowers as a sweet pick-me-up.

I also had to get a locksmith this week because the lock on my mailbox was not working. He came promptly, did a minor repair and charged a small fortune.

How is life in your part of the world?

Happy weekend.



5 comments:

Boud said...

You're certainly dealing with a lot. I'm always glad to hear when a friend picks up errands for you, like taking items to the dump. And bringing sunflowers! Not bad.

Elephant's Child said...

Poor Lukas and poor you.
I loved hearing that a friend could go to the dump for you and the sunflowers are gorgeous. Definitely a pick me up.

Ms. Moon said...

Poor Lukas but mostly, poor you! This is a lot to deal with. Don't forget to take care of yourself.

Sandra said...

I feel sorry for both you and Lukas. You are getting a lot done in the clearing out department. You have a good friend.

Wisewebwoman said...

Nothing like a PJ day. So very sorry you are going through so very much with Lukas. How lucky he is to have such devotion.
I do hope his tests are OK
And yay for sunflowers, unexpected sunshine.
XO
WWW