Monday, May 1, 2023

Forever and ever, amen

 That is the title of a memoir by Karol Jackowski, nun and author of several books. I am enjoying this as Sister Karol, who went into her religious order in 1964, is humorous, entertaining, honest and  a decent writer who candidly shares her adventures and surprise at not being kicked out of the novitiate after repeatedly butting heads with her superior. Unlike other authors of this genre, Jackowski did not leave her order and happily remains a nun. I've not yet finished this book and will have more to say when finished.

In the meantime, cooking, cleaning and the grumpy orange overlord remain the priorities of the sunny but windy day. I've had mail picked up and flowers left on the doorstep. so all in all a pretty good day.

Cheers!

6 comments:

Boud said...

Any day with flowers on the doorstep is a good day. I've noted your current book, thank you.

Elephant's Child said...

Hooray for good days - and I am looking forward to reading more about this book (in the fullness of time).

Martha said...

Sounds like a good day! We all enjoy those. Wishing you many more.

Ms. Moon said...

We have had so much wind too! It's crazy. But today is very cool and blue and wonderful. I hope it is where you are too.

Sandra said...

I agree with Boud, a day with flowers left on the doorstep is a good day.

Wisewebwoman said...

I got flowers on the weekend and share your joy at the unexpected delight of it.

I will be hanging tight on your take on the book.

My friend, the ex-nun, has not commented yet on your last recommendation.

XO
WWW