Things have not been wonderful of late, especially watching Lukas continue to struggle. I believe his vision is gone altogether from the way he is behaving and it breaks my heart. He will walk the length of a room, and miss a wall or fail to notice a treat or his food bowl unless either is shoved beneath his nose. Yesterday he fell off the end of our bed and he no longer jumps up there or to his favorite chair in the front room.
When I call to or talk to him, he looks from side to side as though looking for me but will walk away from the sound of my voice rather than toward it. While he knows where his cardboard box with blankets is, goes to his litter box in the bedroom and finds his water bowl. he will often just sit or cry in the middle of a space. I caught a whiff of something only to discover that he had urinated in the cardboard box he now prefers to sleep in. Cats do not generally sleep where they go, so this is a sign of stress. He may have found it too hard to navigate to the bedroom in the night. Since he seems otherwise okay. and is eating and drinking and has used his litter box, I am not concerned about sickness or a bladder infection at this point, although his vet will be hearing about all of this.
He is currently napping and I'm keeping an eye out. I wish thus was easier...
5 comments:
So sorry about Lukas and his current struggles. I wonder if early dementia is starting, too. I've had kitties lose vision and then develop dementia and confusion, getting lost and mixed up about boxes then feeling bad about it. Poor Lukas.
Let us know what the vet says.
My heart aches for you both.
Heart-wrenching situation!
I think that Boud may be right but I'm not expert. I am so sorry.
I'm so sorry. It isn't easy.
Post a Comment