It has been quiet for the majority of the day here. Lukas was promptly picked up at 7:30 AM and delivered to his vet for fluids. enabling me to go back to bed for a few hours. Having arisen with Lukas at 4 AM, I appreciated the respite. It was not until my phone began ringing in the front room that I awakened only to realize that beyond the morning's laundry I had done nothing about the household chores.
After returning a call to a cousin who wanted to check in, I noticed the owner of the downstairs apartment across from mine had called and left no message. His call was about clogged pipes in his kitchen and could I please put him in touch with a condominium board member. which I did. When the number did not work, I called her myself at the number I had given him and she went by to see about the problem. What the outcome will be, I haven't a clue but the young gentleman renter isn't happy not to have the use of his sink or the washing machine. As the owner is a general contractor, I wondered why he just did not deal with the matter himself and give the board a bill for any work to replace or repair pipes. He is worried about non-payment for his time while his tenant waits which is not a good situation for either of them. Meanwhile, another contractor has been working in the unit above his and he is wondering whether thin set was washed down the upstairs pipes and led to this situation since the pipes are conjoined.
I am glad not to have to sort this out. As for my place, the floors were mopped, trash taken out, dishes washed, and cat chores dealt with. I was organized enough to ready two cards for mailing and all of the tax stuff is on its merry way south. Lukas is happy, fed and napping and I have cool air wafting through the place. glad to be at peace for now.
I wish you all the same.
5 comments:
It sounds like your nap was much needed - and you got PLENTY done.
It is good to get things all sorted, isn't it?
You got a lot done, even helping out the neighbor. I'm trying out that feeling peaceful thing, it's not bad.
Yikes on the water for the tenant. We had no water for a week at Christmas. 'Twas not fun. Sounds like the rest of your day went well. That rocks!
You got some rest and you got a lot of things done! Good stuff.
Post a Comment