Wednesday, February 8, 2023

What's Cooking

 I was craving some soup, shrimp and vegetables over the weekend. so I shifted my meal plans for the week to accommodate these items. Stir-fry was first up. followed by non-koi pond soup as you can see below.


Lots of mixed veg, noodles, broth and the last of the canned chicken from hurricane supplies I am attempting to use up as they are slightly beyond use by or best by dates.

Among the nutrients and antioxidants in shrimp are some B vitamins, choline, selenium and zinc, While I do not eat it often, shrimp was a staple in childhood and when I have to have some, I do.

The stir-fry is fresh carrot, cabbage, kale, sliced Brussel sprout, pea pod and Bok choy. 

What do you crave these days??

4 comments:

Boud said...

Your cooking always sounds excellent. Once in a,long while I like shrimp. Mostly though I need cheese at all times. Especially extra sharp cheddar.

Sandra said...

There's lots of good stuff in your soup! My kind of meal. I have leftover ground meat from lasagna so I think I will make a shepherds pie. It's been awhile since I have done. I have shrimp in the freezer and now I think I'll make a shrimp risotto with orzo sometime this week. I think I'm craving that.

gluten Free A_Z Blog said...

Soup always hits the spot for me. I eat soup no matter what the weather, but it's even better in cold weather. Looks delicious

Anonymous said...

Sounds delicious! I'm a big fan of soups and I always stock up our freezer with them.