Very early morning here, shrouded in fog, was finally quiet after 3 AM when nearby neighbors. having exhausted their ample supplies of fireworks and bottle rockets. deigned to go to sleep. That left some of the rest of us dealing with small, frightened or agitated animals who either would not sleep or who had secreted themselves not to emerge until daylight. My elderly, chronically ill cat now lies in a spent heap on his favorite chair after a night of constant pacing and hypervigilance. I finally nodded off about 5 AM and feel neither rested nor content at this moment.
I'm hoping the early morning fog isn't some strange metaphor for what lies ahead...
My intended, traditionally southern New Year lunch has now become early dinner, with hope for a blissfully quiet evening.
I wish you all the same.

10 comments:
Is that hopping John I see there? So sorry about the disturbed night and poor Lukas in distress. Neither of you needed this.
A little while ago my firework-loving neighbors set off a few more of their rockets and I was in despair.
NOT AGAIN!
But they seem to have run out of ammunition. Thank goodness.
I am so sorry to read this - and hope that they have run out of ammunition.
What a relief it must have been to finally have some quiet! Happy year ahead to you and Lukas!
We have people behind us with too much money and too little sense. They didn't set them off this time, but they do those damn things big time throughout the year. I feel you aggravation. That meal looks good.
Happy new year! A blissfully quiet evening sounds just right.
I've always disliked fireworks, and am definitely against the use of them. Poor little Lukas!
Wishing you a quiet, peaceful year!
Visiting from Sue's blog...your comment about your soup made me laugh, as I have split peas laid out to possibly make into soup to can today! We love it, even if it isn't the prettiest soup. Happy New Year.
So very sorry to read about you both in such distress.
These things are so hard on pets and truly should be banned.
XO
WWW.
Love a nice meal. New Year's weekend was nice here. Though Christmas weekend we lost heat and water. Heat we got back right away, the water took almost a week. Just in time to have a good New Year weekend. Huggs, Ivy.
Post a Comment