Tuesday, January 24, 2023

Quiet

The furry boy and I have had a fairly laid back day. Aside from household chores, I've now finished two audiobooks and returned them. The third, a book called The Baby Thief, was used by the author of the first two as part of her research. I'll discuss all three when the third book is completed since all three are related. Thanks to those of you who took the time to let me know of your interest.

Aside from this, I await a small grocery delivery of odds and ends and look forward to a night of no screen time. It astounds me how dependent we've all become on computers, laptops, tablets and phones. I once had a visitor to my home survey the front room with her eyes then ask, "Where is the television?" When I replied that I did not own one, she was incredulous. She never cane again and I find it funny that people think they cannot live without it, especially today.

What do you think?

Cheers!

 

5 comments:

Elephant's Child said...

Hooray for laid back days.
I would happily surrender our television. The other biped in the house would not agree.
The PC swallows more than enough of my time.

Boud said...

I have a tiny tabletop set hooked ip to a DVD player, and just this week was asked how do you manage with no TV? Haven't had one for years. I like to choose whats on my screen!

Ms. Moon said...

We do have a TV and I watch it rarely but when I do, I choose carefully. Movies and series and documentaries. But if someone has no desire for a TV why should anyone care?

Val Ewing said...

I spent all my childhood years in the summer with no TV. We stayed in a 2 room cottage and worked on my Grandparents' truck farm where we sold produce. We weeded the garden, picked veggies for customers, and rode our bikes to the lake to swim.
Grandpa had a TV but never watched anything but baseball.

I rarely watch anything in the summer as there is so much to do during daylight hours.

I do use my computer though a lot for photography. But it is a great past time for me.

Jenny Woolf said...

I barely watch TV myself, although there are some good programmes on. However, at supper time in the evening I do find it relaxing to sit down and watch something undemanding, like the Repair Shop, That's a programme where craftspeople fix treasured heirlooms with sentimental value. It's interesting to see how they do it and very pleasant how happy everyone is. YOu may have similar programmes in the US but the British one is held in an open air museum of historic buildings out in the countryside, such a charming rural setting. One thing I do NOT watch is news or current events!! I am glad you have had a relaxing time.