Sunday, December 4, 2022

Just Nuts

 Amazon frequents my address with extreme regularity sending everything from 25 pound bags of cat litter to cleaning supplies to weekly groceries to my doorstep. Generally, their packaging and delivery is second to none. However, when either fails, dealing with their customer service can be an exercise in futility. 

Last week, I ordered several items which were shipped together. I typically avoid third party sellers in favor of prime orders and so was surprised when one prime item, a can of Planters Nuts, was shipped separately via USPS. The order was made on November 27 and yesterday I received an email telling me that I could request a refund because of the delay. After speaking with two customer service representatives and a supervisor, I now have to wait past December 6 to get any refund if the nuts, which by now have travelled circuitously from just outside Lakeland to Satellite Beach to the Southern Maine Distribution Center. courtesy of the tracking information provided by Amazon. fail to appear.



 

Curiously, I was able to order more of the same nuts also via Amazon prime this morning and they landed on the doorstep within three hours. I have no idea why the first can had to go north or why USPS had to be involved at all. If they manage to arrive, I'll have enough for the next year, so there is a bit of a silver lining I suppose.

5 comments:

Boud said...

Their ways are unsearchable. My deliveries are either incredibly fast -- I live a few miles from a distribution center off the Turnpike -- or sorry, lost in transit! Then they refund me then the item shows up! That's happened twice. Once they tried to refund me twice, but my honest little heart declined. So I have learned to be zen about it!

Elephant's Child said...

Sigh. I ordered two things from the same company two days apart. The one I ordered second arrived today. When I went on line to check the tracking information for the first I discovered that for some unknown reason it was sent to another state. And is now in the third mail centre in that state. My home is between the originating state and the one the parcel is currently in, so goodness only knows what happened - or when it will arrive.

Ms. Moon said...

It all seems so mysterious to me.

The Happy Whisk said...

Sorry it was hectic. Glad it's sorted with extra nuts to boot.

Anonymous said...

Such a mystery! Those peanuts really travelled around.