So, in my further misadventures with Amazon, I spent the afternoon chasing fruit cake and ultimately cancelled an original gift order which was to have been delivered today but was re-scheduled to be delivered between 8 and 16 December. The new order will be delivered tomorrow by 10 PM, according to Amazon. My original can of nuts, ordered on November 27 has never appeared.
This concludes my holiday shopping and I'll finally be able to turn my attention to end of year cards and a couple of letters. Fingers crossed my recipient gets this in time to enjoy it!
Clip art of fruit cake courtesy of Wikimedia Commons, 2022 and
<a href="https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Fruit_cake_clip_art.png">Smart Servier</a>, <a href="https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0">CC BY-SA 3.0</a>, via Wikimedia Commons

4 comments:
Hope everything works out well. Not a big fan of Amazon in recent years. They're really gone down the pooper in my experience.
I think your theme song today, to the tune of I'm Always chasing rainbows, is I'm always chasing fruitcake! If I remember rightly, Chopin wrote the original, so we're in posh company.
Nothing's ever as simple as we hope, no?
Frankly I don't know how Amazon manages to get anything where it's supposed to be with the volume of business they do now.
It's always great when the shopping all done.
Post a Comment